- For more than a century, Finch foresters managed and cared for 160,000 acres of biologically diverse, environmentally sensitive and economically productive forestland in New York’s famed Adirondack Park. These lands are commonly referred to as the “Jewel in the Crown” of the Adirondacks , and were managed in a manner widely lauded by scientists, the environmental community, government officials and fellow landowners.
- Our foresters hold degrees in forest management and wildlife management and maintain Society of American Foresters’ Certified Forester credentials. We are actively involved in a wide range of professional and trade organizations including the Society of American Foresters, New York Tree Farm, and the Empire State Forest Products Association.
- Finch foresters have successfully achieved forest management certification under both of the two most-respected certifying programs — the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) program
- Finch foresters have decades of experience in managing forests in compliance with the complex rules and regulations of the Adirondack Park agency and a myriad of state and local governments, and maintain excellent working relationships with elected officials and staff members at all levels of government.
- Our extensive knowledge and contacts within the timber harvesting and forest products communities ensure that our clients’ have access to the most responsible harvesting crews and most lucrative product markets
- For landowners interested in leasing their lands for recreational purposes, our foresters bring decades of experience in successfully managing one of the nation’s longest-running recreational leasing programs.
If you are interested in: enhanced forest health, increased revenue, reduced ownership costs or superior recreation and wildlife management, put Finch foresters to work for you.
Please contact us at (518) 793-2541, ext. 5693, or via email.